Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an inspiring program that will help you to develop more mental, physical, wellbeing and resilience. This course has been shown to help alleviate a wide range of physical and psychological difficulties, increase wellbeing and enhance performance and engagement in work and life.
The program was established in 1979 by Jon Kabat Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
It has been widely researched over the past 30 years and is at the cutting edge of integrative and preventative medicine.
Learning and benefits
Those completing these programs consistently demonstrate long-lasting improvements such as:
- Improved health-related quality of life
- Improved emotion regulation, reduced anxiety & stress, enhanced self-esteem
- Reduced chronic pain and physical distress
- Improved productivity and efficiency
- Improved attention skills and learning abilities
Overview of the MBSR course:
- Being Awake – Introduction to Mindfulness
- Ways of Seeing – How we perceive our world
- Being at Home in One’s Own Body
- Stress and Mindfulness
- Thoughts are Not Facts
- Welcoming Emotions
- Mindful Communication
- Taking Care of Oneself